Saturday, March 20, 2021

 



Hello everyone!  Today kicks off an IG HOP with Crafty Meraki and
Brutus Monroe!  You will find all of the details on Instagram:
@betsybirgeart  @brutusmonroe  @craftymeraki
There are 2 $25.00 gift certificates being given away so go to
Instagram and hop along with us!

Today I'm using the "One of a Kind" stamp set from Crafty Meraki.
This set was designed by Alex Syberia and is a gorgeous floral.
Let me walk you through my process.
First I stamped my images onto hot press watercolor paper using
my MISTI.  I use Strathmore hot press watercolor paper which can
be purchase in a 5" x 7" pack on Amazon.  I stamped the images
with Embossing Ink from Brutus Monroe and used Gilded
Embossing Powder.


I colored my images with Aqua Pigments.  I used Silver Hyper Pigment, and
in the regular Aqua Pigments I used Lime, Periwinkle, Amber, Sunflower,
and Bubblegum.  I used the silver as a highlight with the other colors.


Once the Aqua Pigments were dry, I fussy cut the images right up to the
gold outline.  I used a small banner die for the sentiment.


Before adhering the elements to my card base, I used a Y28 Copic
marker and went around the edges of my images.  For my base I
decided to go with a mini slimline.  Mine measures 3" x 6 1/4"
when folded in half.  I ink blended Simon Hurley's new Sidewalk
Chalk in sort of a semi-circle from the left side onto a separate
panel that was 1/4" smaller all around.


This is a really pretty soft pink and ink blends like a dream!
I adhered my inked panel and elements onto my card.  Most of the elements 
I adhered flat.  I used foam tape on the big pink flower, just the
top wing of the butterfly and the bottom blue flower.  To give a
bit more texture, I was able to lift up the edges of some of my elements.
I achieved this by only adding glue to the middle of those elements.  I added
pretty iridescent gem stones and my card was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and will join us as we
all post beautiful projects over on Instagram!  

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.













Monday, March 8, 2021

Homegrown Happiness with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Today I get to share a project made with the


This is such an awesome stamp set in this month's box!  Lots of sentiments and
flowers!  For my project I decided to try out my new Gel Press!  I had
never used one before so it was very exciting to give it a try!
I put Creamy Aqua Pigments on my press in Light Green and Teal.  I
knew they would probably mix so I made sure the colors were analogous. 
After using my brayer on it, I placed the Sequin Builder Stencil on top
of it and used a panel of light weight white card stock.  After it dried, I splattered
it with the Light Green Cream Aqua Pigment.


I was really pleased with how this came out.  I had to flatten it and make sure
t was completely dry before using it, so I set it underneath my computer...it's very
warm under there!  Then I cut and adhered my panel to a mini slimline card.

I stamped out the jar image onto vellum, colored it on the back with a BG01
Copic marker and cut it out right up to the black line.


Next I stamped my flowers, leaves and stems onto to some hot press
watercolor paper with Raven Detail Ink.  I used Strathmore and I get packs of 25
 5" x 7" on Amazon.


I used a mix of Creamy Aqua Pigments in Orange, Teal, and Light Green.
I used regular Aqua Pigments in Amber, Sunflower, Lime and Yellow Orange.
Some of these were metallic.  I mixed all these colors and types throughout
my painting process.


When these were dry I fussy cut them and then ran a water based black
marker around the edges.  The stems are quite thin and the watercolor paper
is quite thick, so when I cut them out they were a bit curved.  I decided I
would tuck them into the jar.  I made a slit along the front edge of the jar
and slipped the stems in where I wanted them and adhered them with 
just a drop of liquid glue.


I also took a scrap of the watercolor paper and used the Aqua Pigments on
it and let it dry. 


Then using the Raven Detail Ink I stamped my sentiment on it.


After the ink dried completely I fussy cut the sentiment out.

I adhered the jar to my card base running a narrow bead of liquid glue around
the jar black outline.  Because the stems were not flat this caused the jar
to be a bit puffy in the middle...it was perfect!  Next I adhered my flowers to the card popping
up only the top one on foam tape and then tucking in the leaves.  I added some
white gel highlights on the jar and the flower centers.
For a little shimmer, I added some sequins and a bit of shimmer pen to
the centers of the flowers and the jar.  I adhered my sentiment flat in the
lower right corner and my card was done!


I hope you were inspired by today's tutorial.  I am really looking forward to
experimenting more with my Gel Press!  You can find the Gel Press
and many other great products at


The Homegrown Happiness Inspiration Box can be bought through a
subscription.  A new box comes to your door every month!  Never miss
out on an Inspiration Box again!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.




















Reach For The Stars with Brutus Monroe

  Hello everyone!  The May Inspiration Box is here from Brutus Monroe Reach For The Stars This Inspiration is jammed packed full of spacey g...