Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Ravishing Rose with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  As promised, a new month and a new release from:



Such a beautiful digistamp set!  I knew immediately what I wanted to do!  I
had a paper pack from Paper Wishes called Blue Persuasion.  It's blue and white
with roses.  I'm usually not drawn to monochromatic cards but this one really
called out to me!
I started by composing my card in the computer.  The wonderful thing about
digitals stamps is the ability to flip and angle and size any way you want!
I printed the design out onto copy paper, then I taped a piece of the patterned
paper over top of it and sent it through my printer again.


Next I colored my roses.  I was able to color match my Copics to 
the patterned paper so well!


I went through and colored all of the leaves and stems first.  Then
colored the roses.


Copic markers used:

Roses:  B60, B63, B66, B39
Leaves/Stems:  B63, B66, B39


I had an idea for how I wanted to cut this panel which did not end up working
out.  I didn't want to scrap all the coloring I did, so I fussy cut the roses and
then printed the design again.   This time I was a bit more thoughtful as to
how I would cut the panel.
I made an A2 size top folding white card base and adhered a piece of dark
navy card stock to it.  Then I chose another piece of patterned paper from
the pack and adhered that.  It measures 4 1/8" c 5 3/8".


I cut the extra panel that I had printed with the sentiment and adhered
the fussy cut roses to it. I went around the edges of the straight lines of the panel only with 
my B63 marker just to give a bit of definition and then adhered that panel to the card.


I added a few pale blue pearls to the flowers and that finished my card!


I hope you were inspired by my project today.  I love a challenge doing
something I normally wouldn't do!

There are lots of really pretty digistamp sets in this new release.


If you ever have questions about digital stamping or just don't know how
to go about it...leave me your comments/questions!  I'm here to help!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Ladybug with Polkadoodles