Monday, March 15, 2021

Floral Friendship with Joy Clair Designs

 


I'm back today with more inspiration from Joy Clair Designs!
This lovely set is called:



I just love this digistamp set.  The flowers are lovely and being able to
position them any way you want is such a luxury!!!!!!
I wanted to make a mini slimline card.  I love this size as it is elongated
like a regular slimline, but not as much real estate to cover.
Let me show you how I made my card!
I started by composing my design in the computer and printing it out
onto hot press watercolor paper.


My printer is an HP Inkjet 8035.  Even though it's inkjet, if I leave the print out
for a while, or gently take my heat tool to it, the ink will not smear with water.
I used Albrecht Durer Watercolor Pencils from Faber-Castel.  I love these pencils
and the intense color you can get from them.


I started with the flowers first.  Notice my coloring is not too precise.
I also color in all of my colors at once.  I can add later, but I seem to have
more success with the entire process if all of my colors are in at the beginning.



I will go in later with more color and lift color in some places.


Although the blue/purple shades are warm colors, the extra warmth of
the green makes the blue appear cooler, thus giving the piece a look
of high contrast.


You can go back over with more color or take clean clear water with whatever
brush you are using and lift color quite easily.
Albrecht Durer colors used:
Green: 167, 170
Blue:  140, 143
Purple:  137, 249

Once this was dry I cut my panel to 2 5/8" x 5 7/8".  I made a slimline panel
from white card stock that measures 3" x 6 1/4".  I cut a dark blue panel that
measures 2 7/8" x 6".


Before adhering my main panel, I splattered it with Black Soot Distress
Paint.  I loosely covered my flowers with scrap paper and splattered with a small brush.


Once the splatter was dry I adhered this panel to my card base.  For
a few final embellishments I added Yellow Stickles to the centers of
the flowers.  Next I added some blue iridescent gems.  And
that finished my card!


I hope you enjoyed and were inspired by my project today.  I love working
with florals and this is beautiful!  Please check out all of the
lovely digital stamp sets found at:


Thank you so much for joining me today!  I appreciate your time
and your interest!

Betsy

























No comments:

Post a Comment