Thursday, March 11, 2021

Freshly Picked with Rachel Vass Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing another beautiful design by


This is such a beautiful and very versatile design.  It would even make a 
lovely sympathy card.  Today I used the paper piecing technique to
showcase the beautiful flowers.  Let me show you how I made my card!

I first laid out my images in the computer.  Next I printed it out onto numerous
card stock colors.  Out of all the ones I printed, I only kept the pink, purple
and yellow.


Next I selected my background paper and printed my design out onto
that paper.


Then I cut out each flower out of a different color.


I next shaded each of the flowers in a matching darker shade of
colored pencil.  I wasn't too fussy about this...just wanted some
depth in each of the flowers.  Then, using a water based black
marker, I went around all the edges of the flowers.


I trimmed down my plaid panel to 3 1/4" wide.  I will trim it to
the correct height when I put it on my base.


I made an A2 size top folding card base and adhered and trimmed this
plaid panel.  I adhered my flowers to the correct places.  I added some
Gold Satin peel-offs to define the edges of the plaid panel.


The bottom center of the card needed something so I die cut a heart
from some gold satin card stock and adhered to the bottom middle.
I added some gold Stickles to the center of the flowers and my card 
was finished!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and have inspired you to make
this card and put your own spin on it!  So many possibilities!


Rachel has many beautiful floral digital stamps!  Stop by her shop
on Etsy and browse her beautiful flowers!..and maybe get a Freebie!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate it!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Rachel Vass Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...