Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Stencil of the Month with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm using some fun products from:


I had lots of fun making this mini slimline!  Let me show you how I did it!
Once, again I used my new Gel Press.  This is just so much fun to experiment
with!  I used Metallic Chroma Glaze in Brass.  Using my brayer, I applied
my Chroma Glaze over the Gel Press.  I laid my Stencil of the Month over top
of the Gel Press and laid a piece of thinner white card stock.  When I
peeled the card stock off - I was left with the gorgeous pattern of the stencil
and also a pattern within that from lifting it off the Gel Press!


I really loved the effect.  It reminded me of patterns in the sand at the beach!
I adhered my 2 3/4" x 6" stenciled panel to a 3" x 6 1/4" card base made
from Neenah Desert Storm.  There is a beautiful shimmery shine to the
stenciling when the light hits it.
Next I stamped my images onto Strathmore Hot Press watercolor paper using
Raven Detail ink and embossing with clear embossing powder.


I decided to paint the image with Aqua Pigments.  I knew the painting would
be  minimal.  For Aqua Pigments I used: Creamy Aqua Pigments in Orange,
Teal, and Light Green.  I also used HydroWash in Champagne.  I used the
HydroWash on the hat, the starfish and the sentiment.  I was able to use it over top
of the dried Creamy Aqua Pigments.


I fussy cut the Penguin image and used a banner die for the sentiment.  I added
the exclamation points to the sentiment.


I adhered both the Penguin image and the sentiment with foam
tape onto the base and my card was done!


I'm sure your best beach buddy would love getting this little card
in the mail!  It's still pretty cold where I live...I would love to be on
a nice warm beach!!!!!

The Stencil of the Month is a subscription product!  Always a nice
surprise at your door every month!  The Penguin stamp is part of
the 12 Months of Stamps and Stencils.  It is a bundle that is released
only one a year.  The stamp is a 3 x 4 and there is a coordinating 
mini media stencil for each stamp set.  Check them out!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I appreciate your time and interest!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Joy in the Journey with RubberStamps.com