Saturday, March 20, 2021

 



Hello everyone!  Today kicks off an IG HOP with Crafty Meraki and
Brutus Monroe!  You will find all of the details on Instagram:
@betsybirgeart  @brutusmonroe  @craftymeraki
There are 2 $25.00 gift certificates being given away so go to
Instagram and hop along with us!

Today I'm using the "One of a Kind" stamp set from Crafty Meraki.
This set was designed by Alex Syberia and is a gorgeous floral.
Let me walk you through my process.
First I stamped my images onto hot press watercolor paper using
my MISTI.  I use Strathmore hot press watercolor paper which can
be purchase in a 5" x 7" pack on Amazon.  I stamped the images
with Embossing Ink from Brutus Monroe and used Gilded
Embossing Powder.


I colored my images with Aqua Pigments.  I used Silver Hyper Pigment, and
in the regular Aqua Pigments I used Lime, Periwinkle, Amber, Sunflower,
and Bubblegum.  I used the silver as a highlight with the other colors.


Once the Aqua Pigments were dry, I fussy cut the images right up to the
gold outline.  I used a small banner die for the sentiment.


Before adhering the elements to my card base, I used a Y28 Copic
marker and went around the edges of my images.  For my base I
decided to go with a mini slimline.  Mine measures 3" x 6 1/4"
when folded in half.  I ink blended Simon Hurley's new Sidewalk
Chalk in sort of a semi-circle from the left side onto a separate
panel that was 1/4" smaller all around.


This is a really pretty soft pink and ink blends like a dream!
I adhered my inked panel and elements onto my card.  Most of the elements 
I adhered flat.  I used foam tape on the big pink flower, just the
top wing of the butterfly and the bottom blue flower.  To give a
bit more texture, I was able to lift up the edges of some of my elements.
I achieved this by only adding glue to the middle of those elements.  I added
pretty iridescent gem stones and my card was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and will join us as we
all post beautiful projects over on Instagram!  

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...