Monday, August 24, 2020

ATC's with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Today I'll be showing you how I created these fall inspired
ATC's using products from Brutus Monroe!
I can't wait for fall!  It's my favorite season for weather and color!  So I was very
inspired to create a fall vibe for these!

I started my cards by giving each ATC a coat of white gesso.  This gesso will
seal the chipboard so products aren't absorbed completely.


You'll see I started with 4 but only completed 3.  I fell and broke my wrist in 2 places
after starting the second one.  My creative mojo was slightly impacted!!!  So I used one
of them for testing of products.  While this would be a very lengthy post to go into detail
on each ATC, I will give you a synopsis of what I used and did on each one.


For this one, I mixed media Paste with Arachnis Aqua Pigment and smeared it on
the background.  When it was dry I stamped my images which came from the
Fall Essentials Stamp Set.  I painted them with Metallic Hyper Pigments and then
went over them with Copic markers.  I enhanced the "fall' sentiment with a dark brown
fine line Unipen.  Next I used the Sequin Builder Slim Line stencil with Walnut
Sparkle Glitter glaze - this is my fav!  When that was dry I used the Metallic 
Hyper Pigments to splatter!


ATC #2 started with a stencil - this was the log ends stencil that was the March
Stencil of the Month.  I used Simon Hurley Slippery When Wet ink.  I also used
lots of Pixie Spray to hold my stencil down.  Next I stamped my images using the
same Fall Essentials Stamp Set.  I colored the images with Copic markers.  I 
decided to make some random dots and fill in a few of the tiny leaves and berries
with the Deco Foil Liquid Adhesive and when it was dry I used the Peach
Princess foil over it.  I noticed that some of the stenciled area had been "outlined" faintly 
in the foil...I figured out it was from the Pixie Spray!  The I used another Glitter Glaze - Apricot.  This is "in your face" glittery and I wanted to tone it down, so I mixed it with the media
paste and that worked!  Once that was dry I did splatter with Gold Hyper Pigment,
and a little glitter pen work.  I also went over the sentiment with a dark brown pen.


Next was my last ATC.  I added Marigold and Arachnis Aqua Pigment to some of the media paste and brush it on with a paint brush and let it dry.  Next, I stamped on my images - from the Fall Essentials Stamp Set and once again colored them with my Copic markers.  I also went over
 the sentiment with the dark brown pen.  I added Walnut Sparkle Glitter Glaze by smearing it on with a palette knife.  Once that was dry I stenciled on Apricot Glitter Glaze - full strength this time - using the Sequin Builder Slim Line Stencil.  When all of that was dry I splattered on Gold Hyper
Pigment and that finished this final ATC.


This was my first time making ATC's - they are like tiny cards!  I hope you enjoyed
today's tutorial!  Lots of awesome products cane be found on the Brutus Monroe
website to create these great little cards!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





4 comments:

  1. Betsy, love your fall ATC cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beverly! It was my first time making them! I got on a roll and couldn't stop adding stuff!

      Delete
  2. I know this sounds weird. Did you send me pics of your new Mobil home on Instagram? And promote WGB? If not I think your Instagram has been hacked

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beverly it was hacked and I was successful in getting IG to remove the bogus account! Thank you for pointing it out!

      Delete