Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Floral Spray - Blooming Lovely w/Polkadoodles

 


Hello everyone!  Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the start of
summer!  Summer to me is flowers and today I'll be sharing a project
using a digital stamp from


This Blooming Lovely collection is chock full of flowers, papers and
sentiments.  Today I chose to use the Floral Spray.  I had an unexpected surprise
which I'll share in a bit.  I composed my design in the computer first.
I used one of the papers but altered the color a bit.  I use Word as a
program and it allows me to alter and tweak the colors.  Then I printed
it out onto watercolor paper.


Can you see my surprise?  It wasn't particularly sunny the day I made
this and I wasn't really paying attention when I put the paper into my
printer.  But when it was done - SURPRISE!  I had forgotten I had
bought some glitter watercolor paper!  I purchased this on Amazon.  It's
by Paul Reubens and not expensive.  It's hot press so nice and smooth.  The glitter
does not rub off and you can still see some glitter underneath the paint.
It's also a subtle glitter and you can't feel it on the paper.  


There is a colored version of this in the collection and I used that as
inspiration for the color of the flowers.  I worked in layers with my
watercolors.


I worked my way around with successively darker colors making sure to
leave hard and soft edges of paint.  Then I moved onto the leaves.


After I finished with the main part of the painting I dug out my dot cards
by Iuile Paints.  I get these on Etsy and are a great alternative to having to
purchase 1/2 pans which can be pricey.


I printed the veins in the leaves and the slight veining in the flowers with
coordinating glitter colors.  I used a bit of gold in the centers of the flowers and
then I added Stickles.  I painted the butterflies with the glitter paints as
well.  Then did work with a white gel pen and a fine line black marker.


I die cut my panel after everything had dried and added tiny gems 
around the flowers!  This card came out more beautiful that I was
expecting - I love that when that happens!  You can find the


Thank you so much or stopping by...

Betsy

In my capacity as a temporary design team member for Polkadoodles, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Floral Spray - Blooming Lovely w/Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the start of summer!  Summer to me is flowers and today I'll be sharing a pr...