Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Honeypie Spring Lambs w/Polkadoodles

 


Hello everyone!  Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the start to the
summer months!  Today I'm sharing this adorable card made with products from


This is such an adorable image and who doesn't need a hug from some sheep!
Let me show you how I made my card and rolled with some mistakes along
the way!  Like any digital stamp, I first sized it and printed it out.


Keep in mind that I printed this out a few days ahead of time and totally
forgot that I printed it again on the other side after sizing it smaller.  I
started my coloring knowing that I wanted to use a round scallop border
die when it was done.


I basically started with all of the neutral bits - the sheep, her shoes, skin
and hair.


I liked how this was shaping up!


Before I went further, I needed to chose some patterned paper for the
background, as I wanted to color match the rest of the design to it.  I
chose my patterned paper...


I found my paper and also found my smaller version on the back of this
colored one....so I printed out the smaller image again and then continued.  
I liked the soft peaches and pinks in the green background paper so I used
 that for inspiration.


Copic colors used:  W0, W1, W2, W3, W5, W7, E31, E33, E35, E37,
E00, E11, E23, E25, E21, E93, E97, E18, RV00, RV02, G21, R00. G12
So I thought I could get away with using a warmer green tone for the
shading on her hat...nope...so I went back in with truer greens that
show in the final photos.  Once the coloring was done I die cut the
image with a round scalloped die.


I loved how the paper looked behind the image, but I had doubts about
using just that paper for the background...it seemed a bit busy.  So I cut
a 2" wide strip of it with a fancy scallop border die.  And I decided to
use a pale pink for the card base and main background piece.  I cut an
A2 size top folding card base, and then embossed a panel of the same
color that is 4" x 5 1/4".  I used a 3-D floral embossing folder on that smaller
panel.  I also die cut a sentiment from light green glitter card stock.


For added sparkle I used Stickles on the flowers and butterflies and
added some small gems around the image.  I adhered everything together using
foam tape on the center focal.  And my card was done!


I hope you enjoyed todays tutorial.  This is such an adorable sweet image.
Find this digital stamp and many more at


Til next time...

Betsy

In my capacity as a temporary design team member for Polkadoodles, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's Hang Out w/Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Hope everyone id doing well and having fun with summer activities!  Today I'm bring you a fun card using products fro...