Wednesday, July 31, 2024

Daisy Wings Stamp Matchables w/Polkadoodles

 


Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is enjoying the summer and dealing
with the heat!...whew!  Today I'm sharing something a little different
with products from


This stamp/die/stencil set is one of 4 new sets at Polkadoodles!  I have also
used the dragonfly from the Daisy Dragonfly Stamp Matchables.  These are
wonderful sets to create with!  Let me show you how I made my card.
I started by stamping my 2 images - the dragonfly and the daisy bouquet.


I used a black hybrid ink on what card stock so I could color the images
with my Copic markers.


I used very light shades on the dragonfly's wings.  For the flowers and
leaves I used bright colors.  I did not choose my background papers 
beforehand so I was just using what I thought would look good for
colors.


After the coloring was finished I used a white color pencil to add more
defined highlights.


Copic Colors used:  YG01, YG03, YG17, YG67, Y02, Y08, YR24,
E97, RV52, RV06, RV19, RV69, V000, V01, V04, V06, V09,
YG91, YG95, E43,RV10, Y00, B000, BV000, B00, V12
After the coloring was finished it was time to use the stencils.  I
decided to just use one stencil on this for the flowers.  I used a
clear sparkly paste for the stenciling.  On the dragonfly I used
Stickles on just the front most wing.  I used a shimmer pen for the
rest of the dragonfly.


I chose a loose watercolor look paper in the colors of the flowers
for my background.  I really liked how it looked with the flowers.  I
also wanted to give these flowers and dragonfly room to "breathe",
so I cut the background paper to 4" x 6" and mounted it onto a
5" x 7" white card base.  Once the glitter pastes were dry I die
cut the flowers and dragonfly with the coordinating dies! 


I stamped my sentiment which was 3 separate stamps from the Daisy Wings
Stamp Matchables.  I popped up the flowers and dragonfly with foam tape and I
let the flowers go over the edge of the background paper.  I liberally sprinkled
tiny iridescent gems around the flower, dragonfly and sentiment...and my
card was finished!


This card was so easy to make - especially when there are stamps,
dies and stencils!  See the complete line of Stamp Matchables at


Til next time...

Betsy

In my capacity as a temporary design team member for Polkadoodles, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





 










No comments:

Post a Comment

Pickles and Toadstool w/Polkadoodles