Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Let's Hang Out w/Polkadoodles

 


Hello everyone!  Hope everyone id doing well and having fun with summer
activities!  Today I'm bring you a fun card using products from


I love working with the bundles - they have everything you need to make
multiple cards - images, sentiments and papers!  I've used one each of these!
Let me show you how I made my card!  I first rated out by composing an
sizing my image and sentiment and placing them onto the digital paper.


When I dropped the paper in I didn't have to resize because it prints
out to about 6" x 6".  The thicker font allowed me to just placed the
sentiment on top of the paper.  


Once again I used my sparkle watercolor paper from Paul Ruebens (Amazon).
Such a subtle sparkle!  I love it!


I decided to use Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers for all of the
coloring.  I used the Zig Blender Marker to blend all of the colors
together.  One thing that I forgot while doing this - watercolor paper
stays damp longer.  So I did have to combat some coloring that
were bleeding into each other.


I kept testing my colors to make sure they would match the
background paper so I would have a cohesive look.


Zig marker colors used:  Blender, Beige, Dark Oatmeal, Vanilla,
Tea Rose, Pink Flamingo, Mid Green, Olive Green, Pale Yellow,
Lemon yellow, Fog Grey, Black, Flesh Color, Lt. Brown,
Medium Beige and Mid Brown.

I next prepared a white A2 size top folding card base.  I die
cut the colored panel with a frame die from my stash.  I cut it 
again out of a coordinating color for the frame.


I did some black ink work to add in some details - whiskers on the
bunnies, texture on the big flower, a pattern on the top layer of her
dress.  Then I added more sparkle.  I used glitter glue on the big
flower, the bunny tails, the pocket and sash on her dress, the bows
on her socks.  The I used a silver glitter gel pen and put dots in
her hair, dots on the sides of her shoes, on her patterned dress and
the bunny ears.  


I adhered the frame to the card base and then I placed the colored panel
on with adhesive foam.  And that finished my card!


This was a fun card to make and I really enjoy coloring with my
Zig Markers.  The colors are so vibrant!  You can find this big digital
bundle and many more at


Til next time...

Betsy

In my capacity as a temporary design team member for Polkadoodles, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.







 

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Pickles and Toadstool w/Polkadoodles