Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Watercolor Flower Stem with Polkadoodles



Hello everyone!  Spring is starting to pop up everywhere and nothing
says spring like flowers!  Today I'll be using


Sometimes decorative paper is so gorgeous we want to make it the
focal point of our cards.  That's what I'll be showing you today!
I chose one piece of paper out of the 6 included in this collection.
I sized it to about 3 1/2" x 5" and printed 2 of the same panel.


One of the panels is for fussy cutting and the other for the background
for my card.  I chose an odd number of flowers for fussy cutting - I
chose 7 flowers plus 2 buds.  I fussy cut them - both flowers and leaves and then went 
around the edges of them with a black water-based marker.  I also cut a
piece of lavender vellum about 1/4" bigger than the already cut flower panel
background.


I decided to enhance the cut out flowers by shading the petals
at their base using a BV000 Copic marker.  I just wanted them to
stand out a bit from the background flowers.


I made an A2 size white top folding card base and made a panel for
the top of it using white card stock and used a floral 3D embossing folder
from my stash.  I adhered the white panel to the base and then used
a piece of wide double sided adhesive tape to adhere the vellum piece
down.  It didn't matter that you could see the tape, because the
top panel covers it.  I adhered the floral background piece to the base
and popped up the cut out flowers with foam tape.  I added some
Stickles to the centers of the popped up flowers and then added jewels to
the centers and a few around the background.  I had the sentiment die cut and
I really liked how well it matched the center of the flowers.  However, it
was too delicate to adhere by itself - it really got lost in the background.
So I adhered it to a piece of white card stock and cut around the sentiment.
I adhered it with foam tape as well.



And that finished my card!  I was so pleased with how this project
turned out.  It's so soft and pretty - and the already colored images
make putting together this card so easy with such gorgeous results!
You can find this Watercolor Flower Stem set and many others at


Til next time!

Betsy

In my capacity as a temporary design team member for Polkadoodles, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...