Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Joy in the Journey with RubberStamps.com

 


How does Nature inspire you as a cardmaker?  Today I'll be sharing what
inspires me with products from


What inspires me about Nature is COLOR!  So many to choose from and
so beautiful!  Let me show you how my love of color is brought out in
this card!  I started by printing out a piece of digital paper for my background.
Although this isn't a digital card, I have some lovely digital paper in my
digital stash!


Next, I stamped my elements with the pigment ink, poured clear
embossing powder over the images and heat embossed until the
embossing was no longer shiny...so over heating!


I wanted to be able to use my Copic markers on this project, so
that's why I overheated the embossing powder.  I also used the
acrylic block which is a really nice size!


For my color inspiration I used a container of confetti that had
rainbow colors in it.  I kept coloring extremely simple - no shading
just straight color!  Copic colors used: RV04, E93, Y06, BG23, B32, B000.
After coloring, I fussy cut the images and then used a black marker around
the edges.


The next thing was to add a bit of sparkle between each color on
the rainbow.  I did this with a glitter gel pen.


Next I decided to draw a cloud shape around my sentiment and
heat emboss it with clear embossing powder until it was no
longer shiny.  I went around the edges with a black marker.


I next used a rectangle die from my stash to cut down the blue
panel that I had printed.  Then I used a cloud stencil and some
white pigment ink to make a few of the white parts on the
blue panel a bit whiter.  I also die cut a yellow circle out of
card stock for a sun.
I adhered my clouds to the rainbow and tucked the sun behind
the top cloud and popped those up on foam tape.  I used glitter
glue, tiny silver stars and the confetti that was my inspiration
for my color palette.  And that finished my card!


So how does Nature inspire you?  You can find this fun stamp set
and so much more at


Til next time...

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for RubberStamps.com, I do receive products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...