Friday, March 29, 2024

Lily Ladybug with Polkadoodles

 

Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you this sweet little ladybug card
with products from


This digital stamp set is so cute and springy!  And with the tons of sentiments
to choose from in the Love Always Digital Sentiments, putting together a
card was easy!  Let me show you how I made this project!
I started by composing my images in the computer and printing them out
onto white card stock.  I die cut the panel using a scalloped rectangle die
from my stash.


I started by coloring the hair.  I wasn't sure where I was going with the
coloring at first, but it soon came together.


I colored the mushroom after starting her hair.  I love coloring mushrooms,
particularly this kind with the red cap!


As I moved along with the coloring I decided to amp up the design just a
little bit.  I did this by adding bits of black and white checkerboard to the
clothing, adding a white scallop with black stripes on her dress and by
adding 2 little eyelashes to the outer corners of her eyes.


Copic colors used:  Y21, Y00, Y02, W0, W1, W3, W5, C7, R14, Y38,
R46, R59, E50, E51, E53, 100, YG11, YG63, R00, R17, R37, R02,
E33, YR07, YR16,Y15, B000. 


Time to select my background papers.  I went really bright and bold
with these coordinating papers I had in my stash.  Since my main panel
is white, I can afford to have a bright frame of color around it.  I also
went around Lily with some very pale blue chalk applied with a
white pom-pom.  I added a few heart sequins...the ones on Lily's
antennae make them look like little cherries!  And I added a few tiny
butterfly sequins.  As a last bit I added white highlights with a
white gel pan and that finished my card!


I hope you enjoyed this Lily Ladybug tutorial.  I only scratched the surface
with this one image and one sentiment.  Both are packed full of different
images for endless possibilities.  You can find both of these sets and
many, many more at


Til next time...

Betsy

In my capacity as a temporary design team member for Polkadoodles, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.















No comments:

Post a Comment