Wednesday, April 10, 2024

You're A Keeper with RubberStamps.com

 

Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing a project with you as a new Design
Team Member for


This stamp set is so cute!  I also used an element from another stamp set
called Bee A Honey Bear!  Let me show you how I made my card!
I started by stamping my images onto Kraft card stock with black ink.
I used the honey jar from the Bee A Honey Bear Set and the rest of the
images are included in the You're A Keeper set.  I stamped one of
the bee images twice.


I used a light layer of Copic coloring just as a base so I could use my colored
pencils.  I used Y15, RV21, G82, E11, C1, E31, E21, YG11 and BV000.
You can see my color testing on the upper right of the panel.


I used my Prismacolor pencils for this card.  Having the Copic color
underneath really helps to make the colors stand out.


It took a little while to build up the colors - but so worth it!


I did more work on this honeypot before finishing.  I added an orange layer 
to make it brighter.


Prismacolor Pencil Color #'s: 
Bees: 914, 916, 917, 1002 Wings: 934
Honey & Comb:  916, 917. Comb: 941, 1034
Honey Pot: 943, 944, 945, 937, 914, 1103, 1002,
133, 1087, 208, 918
Hat & Netting:  1090, 1098, 1005, 935
Bear:  1032, 948, 947, 140  Muzzle: 941, 947
Cheeks & Tongue:  1029
Once the coloring was finished I fussy cut the images.


I put Stickles on the Bee wings and Glossy Accents on the honey
and the comb.  Once it was dry I added white hi-lights with a
white gel pen.
I covered a Kraft A2 size top folding card base and adhered a panel
of very dark brown card stock 1/8" smaller.


I took another piece of Kraft card stock and cut it to 4" x 5 1/4".  I
stamped on the sentiment using a dark brown pigment ink then heat embossing
it with clear embossing powder.  I also stamped the buzz trails in the
same ink, but did not heat emboss those.  Using a strip of green patterned
paper and a grass edge die, I die cut a strip and adhered it to the bottom
of the card.  I then adhered that panel to the prepared card base.  I popped
up my elements with foam tape and added a tiny gold heart near the sentiment
and added little yellow crystals throughout the background.  And that
finished my card!


I feel this card could be used for a variety of occasions. The bear and
those little fat bees are so cute!  If you haven't checked it out and
you are looking for some really great stamps go to


Make sure to hop along with us on Instagram on April 10th!  Commenting
on each of the 8 team members' posts will give you lots of chances to win!  The prize is a
Spring Stamp Set Bundle Kit and there will be 3 winners!  We hope to meet you there!

Til next time...

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for RubberStamps.com, I do receive products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...