Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Gil Rabbit with Polkadoodles Stamps

 


Hello everyone!  Today I am bringing you a bit of spring cuteness!  I'll
be using a digital stamp and digital papers from


This card was so much fun to make.  It has minimal coloring, but
came out so cute!  Let me show you how I made my card!


I layered my Gil Rabbit image over top of the sky paper with the
green stripe paper underneath him.  I wasn't quite sure what direction
I was headed in so I made sure the paper covered a big area. 


I die cut a scalloped backing piece out of white card stock and trimmed
my main panel so it would fit inside the white one.  I had enough of
the green stripe paper to cut a strip with a straight grass edge die.  Once
that was die cut I inked the bottom with green ink.


Although the grass did not reach the top of the green paper, it
accomplished the look I was going for - that Gil was standing
in the grass!  Next I did my coloring with Copic markers.


To make the card look more like spring than fall, I colored my
sunflowers to resemble daisies.  I did this by coloring the centers
yellow and the petals shaded with a pale blue that matched the
blue of the background.


I did simple coloring and shading.  Copic colors used:
YG00, Y02, Y15, Y17, YG11, YG63, YG23, C1, C3, C5,
B93, B95, B97, B000, B01, B000, R00, R02, E33, E35, E37,
W0, W1, W3, W5


Next I layered my card onto the base which measures 4 1/4" x 6" and
is side folding.  I adhered my sentiment to the upper left corner.  I
embellished my card with tiny iridescent butterfly sequins, a heart
button on Gil's overalls and tiny yellow flowers.  I also added highlights
with a white gel pen.  And that finished my card!


I hope you've enjoyed this tutorial and it has inspired you to
play with digital stamps and papers.  You can find lots of both at


Til next time

Betsy

In my capacity as a temporary design team member for Polkadoodles, I do receive the products I use from them. All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.




















No comments:

Post a Comment