Thursday, February 29, 2024

Mason Jar Bouquet with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing my last project for the month
Guest Designing for


Whew!  February went by in a flash!  So, I'm bringing you some spring
cheer with my card today!  I chose everything ahead of time with this
card project.  I made an A2 size top folding white card base, adhered a
piece of double sided patterned paper to the front 1/8" smaller than the
base.  I embossed an olive color panel for the front that measures
3 1/2" x 4 3/4" and from the patterned paper I cut 2 strips - one is about
an inch or more and the other about 3/4" wide.  I tore the ends of these
2 strips diagonally.  I heat embossed my image and my
sentiment with gold embossing powder onto watercolor paper.



My plan was to watercolor my floral image to match the colors in
the patterned paper.


I put a wash of color on my elements of the image.  I used a watercolor
set that contained a nice rainbow of colors.


My set did not contain orange or purple so I mixed colors where I was
lacking.  I bumped up the color with some shading using a darker, more
concentrated version of the colors.  After everything was painted and
dried, I fussy cut both the image and the sentiment.


I foam taped my mason jar image and then put the sentiment half over the jar
and one half hanging off.  On the part that hangs off I  added the same
same foam tape so it would be level with my jar.  I added some glittery
enamel dots that really looked nice against the colors and that
finished my card!


I hope I've given you a month of inspiration as we head into
spring!  You can find this stamp set and many more as well
as digital stamps at


Til next time...



















No comments:

Post a Comment