Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Butterfly Flower Pots with Polkadoodles

 



Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is well and keeping warm!  I'm bringing
you more flowers today from


This beautiful stamp set is so spring-y!  Let me show you how I made my
card project!  I composed my design in the computer along with the
sentiment.  I used lightweight watercolor paper (90lb).  After I printed this
image out, I die cut it with a die from my stash.

I had planned on coloring my image with Copic markers and then enhancing
lines/areas with glitter watercolors.


I was coloring cautiously as I didn't want my Copic markers to bleed outside
of the lines, nor did I wanted the watercolor paper absorbing all of my inks.
I went in, did simple shading and didn't press down on my markers at all.


I moved along the images on the panel, coloring and shading.  Copic
colors used:  YG11, YG63, YG23, YG41, YG17, G02, G94, W1, W3, W5,
Y00, Y02, Y15, Y17, Y21, YR04. YR23, E15, E08, RV52, RV55, RV66,
RV19, BV00, BV02, BV13


I painted my glitter paints pretty much where the lines were already drawn.
This really makes the elements stand out.


I added some mirror gemstones in and around the images.  I made a white top
folding A2 size card base and adhered a piece of periwinkle glitter stock cut
1/8" smaller on top.  I adhered my panel flat to the glitter card stock. 
And my card was done!


Spring time glitter-ness!  This certainly helps chase away those winter blues
we have this time of year.
You can find this wonderful digital stamp set and sooooo many others at


Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope I've brightened your day!
Til next time -
Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Polkadoodles, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.
















No comments:

Post a Comment