Monday, February 26, 2024

Bluebird with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

 

Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more spring inspiration with
a digital stamp from


I am loving these bird digital stamps that Sweet 'n Sassy has in their
shop!  So springy with this bluebird and dogwood blossoms!  Let
me show you how I made my card!  I started off by sizing and printing
out my images onto white card stock.  I cropped one of the dogwood
 blossoms and copy and pasted it so I would have a total of 5 extra flowers.


I was very certain of my colors for the flowers, and, of course, the
bird would be blue but I really didn't have a firm plan at this point.
So I started coloring the flowers first.


After I finished coloring all the flowers, I fussy cut all of the extra
flowers that I had colored.


I went around the edges and removed any of the black outlines with
a white gel pen.  And I should mention here that I have an ink jet
printer and use the same brand ink as the printer.  I am careful not
to scrub my colors into the card stock.  By doing that I do not get
any bleeding or smearing with the ink when I color.  It was at this
point that I felt I needed to decide on my background color/paper.


I was surprised at how much I liked this floral paper with the design.  I think
having the image die cut in the oval just helps it stand out.  I chose blues for
the bird that looked good with the more purple blue of the flowers in the
paper.  Copic colors used:  YG11, YG03, YG25, YG00, YG17, RV00, RV02,
RV55, E08, E18, W3, W7, B21, BV02, BV13, E50, E51, E53.


I made an A2 size top folding white card base and covered it with navy
card stock.  I foam taped the bird panel onto the center of the card and
then foam taped the extra flowers around the bottom edge of the oval.
I added a bit of yellow glitter glue to the centers of the flowers and
that finished my card!


I hope I've inspired you to start making spring cards and to maybe try
digital stamps if that's something new to you.  You can find this digital
stamp and many more at


Til next time...



















No comments:

Post a Comment