Saturday, February 24, 2024

Hoppy Spring with Kate Hadfield Designs

 


Hello everyone!  A little more spring inspiration coming at you today using
products from


Nothing says spring like flowers, frogs and sunny days!  Let me show you
how I made this card.  I composed my card panel in the computer and
printed it out onto white card stock.  I flipped, angled and layered the
flowers for more variation - one of wonderful things you can do with
digital stamps!  I also die cut the panel at this point.


Although I didn't know what direction I would be headed in to complete
my card, I find that die cutting my panel helps me to visualize the
final card and it's just easier to maneuver.  The die I used was for a
full 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card panel.  I also die cut the sentiment using
a banner die from my stash.


I started my coloring...not getting overly fussy and keeping the colors
bright and happy!


This images are fairly simple so coloring was very easy.


Copic colors used:  YG00, YG11, YG23, YG17, Y11, Y15, Y17, Y02,
C1, C3, C5, B000, BV000, G82, G94, G85, E93, E71, E95, E81 and E85.
I was still unsure at this point what I was going to do for the background so
I added glitter glue to the bumble bee wings and yellow body parts, the
sun's rays, the centers of the flowers, the spots on the frog and the shell
of the snail.  I decided to do soft ink blending with a cloud stencil for
the sky and just some green around the bottom.


I backed the sentiment banner with a piece of soft yellow glitter paper.
I liked how the yellow looked so much, I cut down the panel so it was
4" x 5 1/4" and placed it on my card base that I had covered with the
yellow glitter card stock.  I added some tiny butterfly sequins around the
flowers and that finished my card!


I hope this has inspired you to make a happy card as spring is right
around the corner!  Find this stamp set and many others at


Til next time -

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Kate Hadfield Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.















No comments:

Post a Comment