Hello everyone! Today I'm sharing this beautiful autumn
card with you. Fall is definitely my most favorite season
of the year and it's here! The leaves are just beginning to
turn and in a few short weeks will be in their glorious
riot of color! I'll be using products from
This card was very easy to make and came out so pretty.
Let me show you how I made it!
I printed out the images so I had 4 of each, but did not end up
using all of them. I varied the sizes of them.
I colored 4 leaves and one acorn to match the background paper
that I was planning on using. I fussy cut them leaving a very
narrow white outline.
I used a 5” x 6 ½” white side folding card base. I was trying
to get a sense of placement of the leaves. I had a wide washi
tape roll that I wanted to use – it has such a fall vibe. It is
1 ¼” wide with copper foiling. I mounted it on a piece of
plain white card stock and trimmed it to about 1/16” wider
than the tape. I laid it on the card base and decided how I wanted
the bottom leaves to look.
I cut a piece of the background card stock and used a 3D embossing
folder to give more interest to the background without overwhelming
the leaf design. I used 2 narrow strips of copper specialty paper from
my stash and adhered it to both long sides of the washi tape panel which
I had popped up on foam tape.
I adhered my solid colored leaves
along the bottom using thin foam squares and trimming the stems
of them wherever necessary so they could tuck under the washi panel.
I colored and fussy cut the remaining leaves and adhered them flat
to the background panel. I kept the coloring simple, using the washi
tape as color inspiration. Once they were cut I went over the veins
in those leaves with a copper sparkle gel pen. I adhered the
acorn so it overlapped the washi tape panel. I added some
amber colored gems in various sizes just to the top portion of
the card. And that completed my project.
I love fall and the warm rich colors. I hope you give it a try.
This is the kind of layout that would work with so many stamps
and seasons! I hope you give it a try! You can find this digital
stamp set and so many more at
Supplies used:
Autumn Afternoon Digital Stamp Set
5” x 6 ½” white card base
Coordinating card stock for matting
Wide decorative washi tape
Fall themed 3D embossing folder
Thin foam squares
Copper sparkle gel pen
Amber gem stones
Thin strips of copper specialty paper
Copic colors used: YG95, YR21, YG67,
YG91, RV34, RV95, E08, R89, R02
E33, E15, E57, E59, E11, E95
Til next time…
Betsy
IG: @betsybirgeart
In my capacity as a design team member for Kate Hadfield Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies and use products that I love.







No comments:
Post a Comment