Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Flower Meadow with Polkadoodles

 



I love the soft spring feel of this floral project, as I look out my window to a
snow-covered 11 degrees...brrrrr!  For this card I'll be using products from


I just love this floral watercolor-look collection.  I knew I wanted to 
watercolor my focal panel!  But first I printed out a background using
one of the colored paper stamps.  I printed it at 50% on white card stock. 
 With minimal trimming, this gave me just the right amount of the background 
design while making the design smaller so it fit my card better.


I next printed out my floral focal.  I knew I wanted to make it a round
focal so I printed it wide enough to accommodate a stitched circle die.
I had an A2 white top folding card base.  I took a matching pink piece
of card stock and cut it to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I took my printed background
piece and cut it to 4" x 5 1/4".  I adhered all of the background pieces
 to the card base.   I also cut a decorative circle from the pink using 
a die from my stash. 
 Then I started coloring my image.


I decided to color my image using Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers.  I
like the softness of the colors of this brand.  I actually scribbled the markers
onto my palette and picked up color with my brush.  I did go direct to paper
where I wanted just a bit of shadowing, but I didn't go in with lots of color
as I wanted to keep this soft.  Zig colors used:  Pink, PinkViolet, Orange, Pink
Flamingo, Light Carmine, Haze Blue, Geranium Red, Yellow, Mustard, Pale
Yellow, Bright Yellow, Peach Pink, S. Almond Pink, English Lavender, Pale
Green, Mid Green, Light Green, May Green, Emerald Green & Green.


Before this stage, I thought I was going to put my sentiment separately either above or
below the flowers.  But I decided to print it on my circle of flowers.  To do
this, I printed out the design again on copy paper.  Then, holding it up to the
light of a window - backwards - I took my painted circle and positioned it
in the right place.  The I carefully taped down the circle with Washi tape.


I sent this through my printer again - holding my breath!  I didn't want
to have to paint the image again if the sentiment came out crooked!  But
when it was done printing I found it was perfect!


I adhered the painted panel to the decorative pink die cut and foam
taped that onto my card.  I added a bit of glitter glue to the centers of
the 3 flowers and then tiny iridescent gems scattered around.  And
that finished my card!



I love being able to color match my painting/coloring to patterned paper.
And the beauty of digital stamping is being able to size your image in
whatever size and whatever position!  You can find this digital stamp
collection and many others at


Thank you so much for stopping by!  I hope I've inspired you to create
something beautiful!

Betsy

In my capacity as a temporary design team member for Polkadoodles, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.






















1 comment:

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...