Friday, February 16, 2024

Gold Finch Collage with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps

 


Hello everyone!  A springtime card for you today using products from


I was really drawn to this digital stamp.  I love vintage vibes and this one
is so gorgeous!  I had a little hiccup along the way and I'll show you how I
fixed it!  I started by sizing my image in my computer and printing it out onto
white card stock.

My intent was to color this with my Copic markers.  So I colored the
gold finch first and then the background.


This did not work for me on so many levels.  So I decided to cut the
gold finch out and proceed from there.  I fussy cut it out - minus the
feet - and then went around the edges with a black marker.


Next I printed out the image onto some paper from my stash that
actually looks like old crinkled paper.  I used various shades of yellow
to color the bird and a little bit of orange for the beak.  To make the eye
stand out, I went around it with a white gel pen, then made the black
pupil bigger so you could barely see the white pen.  I added a little
white to the beak as well.


I die cut this image with an A2 size die from my stash.  Then I inked around
the edges with brown ink.  I did a tiny bit of coloring to make the branch 
stand out and I colored the feet.  I stamped a sentiment from the Mason Jar
Bouquet Stamp Set and it didn't look good.  So, I took a scrap of the
background paper, stamped it again, trimmed it out, went around the edge
with a black marker, glued it flat to the surface and adhered some nail head
sequins to each corner.  I adhered this to a Kraft colored A2 size card base
and my card was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  It is really a quick way to make
a card in a hurry!  You can find this digital set and the sentiment set
and so many more stamp sets - both photopolymer and digital at


Thanks so much for stopping by!














No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...