Tuesday, December 26, 2023

You Warm My Heart with Prickley Pear

 


Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is well and enjoying this time of year!  Today I'm
sharing a cute winter card using a digital stamp from


This is such a cute digital stamp!  I wanted to make use of the fun background that
is included in the set.  I first sized it in my computer and then printed it out along
with the sentiment.


I wasn't sure what I was going to do for my card.  I finally decided to die cut
the image with part of the background with my Gina K Designs Fabulous
Labels Die set.  Everything fit into the label so well!


I then prepared my background panel from a piece of Bazzill Ocean card
stock.  Then I embossed it with Simon Hurley's Sparkling Snow 3D Embossing
folder from Spellbinders.


I colored my image with Copic markers that were the same shades found
in the digital background.  Copic colors used:
C0, C1, C2, C3, C5, C7, 100
R00, R02, R20, R22, B00, B12, B23


On the raised parts of the embossed panel I applied Twinkle Stickles with
a pointed cotton swab and set it off to the side to dry.


I felt that just mounting the label with the embossed background would not be
enough.  I needed another layer between the card base and the blue embossed panel.
I decided to use a piece of Silver Luxe Glitter card stock from Simon Says Stamp.  I
love the effect of that very glittery paper peaking out from behind the embossed
panel!  So much sparkle!


I die cut my sentiment using an oval die I had in my stash.  I made an A2  card base
from white card stock.  I trimmed my glitter piece to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".
My embossed panel was cut to 4" x 5 1/4".  I popped up my sentiment and
digital piece onto foam tape.  I then used iridescent gems on the center of
the snowflakes on the blue piece and the centers of the snowflakes on
the digital piece.  I added shimmer pen to all the hearts and on the heart on the 
mug I added Glossy Accents to make it shiny.
And that finished my card!


How fun was this to make!  And that little chubby penguin is so cute!
You can find this digital stamp set at


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I appreciate your support!

Betsy
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...