Tuesday, January 23, 2024

We Go Together with Kate Hadfield Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Hope you and your families are keeping warm as we look
to the brighter days of spring!  Today I'll be sharing a "tasty" treat from


This stamp set is totally about food!  I love all the images - and I love a good breakfast
of pancakes and maple syrup when it's cold out!  YUM!  Let me show you how I made this card.
I started by sizing and composing my design in the computer and printing it out
on white card stock.

I decided at this point to die cut this panel.  I find it's easier to color that
way.  The die from my stash cuts a 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" panel.


Since this was a relatively plain panel, I knew I was going to be needing
color around it, so that's why I chose the smallest die that would fit all the elements.
I wanted to color the maple syrup first as  thought it would set the tone for the
rest of the card.  I also picked out my background paper before coloring.


There really wasn't a lot to color.  But I worked my way through, trying to
keep my palette coherent.  For Copic Colors I used:
C1, C3, C5, C7, 100 & 0, Y02, Y15, Y17, Y21, R20, R22, R24,
YR07, E08, E15, E29, E35, E30
Spectrum Noir Brush Marker:  Burnt Orange blend, Gold Yellow Blend
My components were finished...or so I thought...


Although I like the yellow panel I had chosen, it really needed a bit of
ink blending around the edges.  I used an Orange ink and the a red brown
over the orange and gently ink blended the edges.


I was super happy with how that turned out.  I adhered all the panels to the card 
at this point.  I added some white highlights with a gel pen, a shimmer pen on 
the word "together" and I added some Stickles to the left hand sides of the hearts.  
And that finished my card!


I was so pleased with how this card turned out!  Cute and yummy!  You
can find the digital stamp set that I used and many others at


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Kate Hadfield Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 














No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...