Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Springity Spring with Kate Hadfield Designs


Hello everyone!  Happy Spring...finally!  And to herald in warmer temps and
the flowers that are starting to come up, today we are creating a fun spring
card using a digital stamp set from


This digital stamp set has so many little spring elements.  I only used 6 of them
on my project today, but there are many more!  Let me show you how I made
my card.  I started off by composing my elements in my computer and then
printing them off.  I size them, flip them, set them behind or in front of each
other.  This makes for easy composition.


I wanted to color my panel with my Copic markers.  I do not have a
laser jet printer.  Mine is an inkjet.  I keep that in mind when I am
putting color to an image.  I'm not overly scrubbing color on where
there is printer ink.  If I go over it, it's very gently and that way I
don't encounter any smearing problems.


I knew that I needed to lengthen the image so I added quite a bit of
foreground with my green markers.  The Copic colors I used:
Y00, Y02, Y15, Y17, C2, C3, C5, YG11, YG03, YG25, B000, 
BV000, YR21, R81, R83, R85, RV10


After the coloring was done, I die cut a inner scalloped frame out of
white card stock and colored it with my lightest blue Copic so it would match.  I 
shopped my stash for background paper and found this cute plaid that matched
the colors I had used.  I covered an A2 size card base with this
plaid paper.  Before adhering my colored panel to the scalloped frame,
I stamped a sentiment from my stash using a grey ink.  I adhered the 
colored framed panel to the front of my card.  For embellishment, I
wanted to keep things soft, but I had an annoying black spot where I
had layered the grass close together.  I had some tiny light green  iridescent
stars so I adhered a smattering of those through the grass and that 
covered that little spot.  I also used a shimmer pen on the sun, flower
centers and bee wings.  And that finished my card!



I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  If you ever have questions about
working with digital stamps ask us!  You can leave questions here or
on our social media.  We would be happy to help you!  You can find
this set of digital stamps and many others at


thanks so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Kate Hadfield Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.












 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...