Saturday, April 15, 2023

Monsterific Toppers with Kate Hadfield Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying Spring!  Things
are starting to pop out!  Today I'm sharing how to make this super adorable
card using products from


This digital stamp set is just too cute beyond words!  I had fun making this
card - let me show you how I did it!  I had this idea come to me while I was
at work!  I had to take a quick second and sketch it out for later!  Because
I knew what I was going to do, it was fairly easy to print out my images.  I
actually printed it out onto copy paper and roughly cut everything to make
sure of the sizes of the sentiment and the little monsters!


Before I started coloring, I chose my paper.  I was very certain of the paper
pack I was going to use, but did change my mind on the exact piece of
paper from that pack.  With the paper chosen, it was easier for me to choose
my Copic markers.  I actually numbered my monsters and jotted down what
the main color of each was supposed to be.


These were the main colors of the monsters.  Copic markers:
Yellow Blend:  Y02, Y15, Y17, Y38
Purple Blend:  V04, V06, V09
Aqua Blend:  BG01, BG53, BG05, BG07
Magenta Blend:  RV02, RV06, RV17
Red Blend:  R81, R83, R85, R35
Green Blend: YG03, G14, YG17
Orange Blend:  YR15, YR16, YR68, YR04, YR07
Blue Blend:  B32, B23, B26, B18
I used all of these same colors for horns and spots, etc. I also
colored up my main sentiment with these colors.


 I fussy
cut my images...this did take a while because I cut out 10 of
them.  I only used 8 on the front of the card and one on the inside.
I prepared my base with paper from Whimsy Stamps.  I also
die cut the little "sending" word with a banner die.


I adhered my little monsters around the main sentiment panel.  Then
I foam taped the "sending" sentiment banner to the top middle monster
so it looks like they are holding it.  I foam taped this entire piece onto
the front of the card.  I added shimmer pen to the horns and clear
iridescent confetti.  And that finished my card!


I hope I've inspired you to create something cute with these little
monsters!  Find them and a lot more at


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Kate Hadfield Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...