Friday, March 31, 2023

More Aussie Animals with Kate Hadfield Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Still cold where I live but I did see a robin a few days
ago - a sure sign of spring!  Today I'm bringing you another fun card project
using images from


The animals in this set are so cute!  There's no better way to check up on a
friend, then sending this card with all the friendly critters!  Let me show you
how I made my card.  I first composed the card design in my computer.  In
this case I also used digital paper from my digital stash!  Because these are
.png files, they layer over top of the digital paper!


I also printed out the sentiment on this sheet as well.


Before coloring the animals, I decided to die cut my panel first.  This
gives me a better visual view as I am coloring.  I used a slanted stitch
die from LDRS in an A2 size - 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".


I used my Copic markers to color this up.  For colors I used:
R00, E41, R02, W1, W0, Y02, B60, YG41, YG03, G02,
Y02, Y06, E31, E33, E35, E40 and E43.


I usually go to Google Images to sort of get an idea of how things and
animals are colored.


I wanted these little animals to really pop so I used bright colors.


I did some stippling on the lizard and the snake just to give them a
bit of depth and interest with visual texture.


My only bit of embellishment was using a gold shimmer pen on the collar
of the lizard and across the top of the snake and the head of the bird.
I cut out the sentiment in the shape of a speech bubble, used a black
water-based marker around the edges and foam taped it over the lizard. Then
I blended some brown ink along the bottom of the card so the animals
were grounded.
And that finished my card!



I'm just loving creating with these animals!  You can find this set and many
more digital stamps sets at


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Kate Hadfield Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Party with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  It's time for a tea party and I'm using products from Kate Hadfield Designs Tea Party Digital Stamps This was so ...