Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Aussie Animals with Kate Hadfield Designs

 

Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you a super cute interactive card that
was made with the latest release from


I have used a few specific supplies that are key to this project.  And it turned out
so cute!  My interactive mechanism is a die from Simon Says Stamp and is
called Slider Plate.  The other is the paper I used which is from Craft
Consortium and called Tropical Paradise.  Let me show you how I made
my card today!  I first sized my elements in the computer and printed them
out.  I made up the sentiment and used a font I had in my Word program.


I decided on the koala bear because I felt it would fit on the card and 
mechanism the best.  Next I chose my paper.  I used the same paper for
the whole project.  I used one side for the background and the other side
for all of the greenery across the front of the card.  I colored my koala
bear first.  


I colored this with my Copic markers using: 100, C1, C3, C5, C7,
W1, W2, W3, W5, W7.  I knew I didn't have to completely color the
entire bear, but I did end up having to color a bit more on his right
side.  Next, I cut my background panel to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and used
the dies to cut where the slider would go.


There is the main die, the pull tab die, the evacuated pieces and the 2
little round slider bits that I purchase on Amazon.  To put this together I
first placed the round slider bits into the 2 slots.  Then adhered the evacuated 
pieces onto the tops of the round slider bits.

This middle piece moves freely up and down the slots.  I will be adhering
the bear to the bottom of the slider bits.  The adhered horizontal piece gives
me something to attached my bear to.  Next I adhered my cute little koala
onto the bottom of the mechanism.


It was at this stage that I cut the bear down a bit by cutting off the back end
of him.  This would give me a bit more room for foam tape.  Next, using 
several more sheets of the same paper, I die cut 5 tropical leaves on the
flip side of the paper for variation in leaves/color.


These leaves are fairly big 2" or more.  But I needed them to be a bit on the
large side so they would cover the front of the bear.  I arranged my leaves so they
would all fit and cover the area of the front of the card and adhered the leaves
together so they would be one big piece.

I did need to add an extra piece across the bottom so it would sit right
on the card.  Then I adhered foam tape to the front of the card around
the bear.

The bear would be sliding up and down, so I was careful with my
placement of foam tape so there was enough room between the
bear and tape.  Next I die cut my sentiment with a banner die and
then colored it and the PULL circle die cut with my YG03 marker.
I adhered the PULL right behind the bear's head with just a little
glue.  This will be where you hold onto the mechanism to make
it work.  I adhered my sentiment to the bottom right.


Time to put the card together!  On the flip side of the panel I placed foam tape
everywhere that would not interfere with the slider.


Then I adhered it to a lime green A2 size top folding card base.  And my
card project was done!



I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today.  I though about this card a lot and how it
would go together before actually doing it.  But, once I started it came together
quite nicely!  You can find this new digital stamp set plus others at


Thanks so much for stopping by and taking an interest!  I appreciate it!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Kate Hadfield Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.































No comments:

Post a Comment

Lily Ladybug with Polkadoodles