Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Stripes Stencil with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Fall is well underway with the leaves changing, apples
ready to pick and the pumpkins ripening on the vine!  Today I'm bringing
you products from the latest release from

Stripes Mixed Media Stencil

I have a serious crush on Tangerine Glitter Glaze!  It is so perfect for all
of my fall card projects!  Let me show you how I made my card!
I started by using the stencil with the Tangerine Glitter Glaze on some
dark mustard card stock.  I put that aside to dry and then using the
Lots of Leaves Stencil I created a panel using 3 colors of Simon Hurley
Ink: Later Gator, Guppy and Triple Berry and cream card stock.  These were 
the 3 colors that I would use throughout my project.


I blended each leaf with more than one color to give added dimension.  Next
I die cut 2 of the leaves out of the Leaf Die Set using gold mirriboard.  My intent
was to cover them with Glitter Glaze in Tangerine, Fuchsia and Key Lime.



I applied the glitter glazes with pointed Q-tips.  And I really thought this was
going to turn out nicely.  However, Glitter Glaze is glitter suspended in a clear
glaze medium, so as the Glitter Glaze dried, the color dried back as well.  I 
didn't want my background to take over!  So, I dropped on alcohol ink in cranberry,
olive green and plum.  This looked really nice except it made the Glitter Glaze
start to clump up.  So I took a Q-tip and redistributed the Glitter Glaze so
it would be more even.  This really gave the leaves texture!


I next made a cream card base and adhered a panel of the dark mustard card
stock about 1/8" smaller.  I adhered my stenciled leaf panel cut 1/8" smaller
to that.  My Glitter Glaze panel I cut into 2 pieces.  One piece was
1 3/4" x 4" and the other was 1/2" x 4".  I backed the small one with green
glitterstock and then adhered it towards the top of my card.  One the bottom
panel I adhered the stenciled piece and then die cut more of the green glitterstock
using a die and then a strip of fuchsia glitterstock underneath the green.


This was where I really noticed the die cut leaves needed more color and
added the alcohol ink.  While waiting for the leaves to dry, I heat embossed
a sentiment from the Rustic Sunflower Stamp Set in a very dark brown. I
adhered the leaves - adhered the bigger one flat to the card and the smaller
one on foam tape.  I added  gold confetti and that finished my card!


This was so fun to create and make sure that everything was color
coordinated!  I love fall colors!  You can find the products I used at


Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...