Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Give Thanks Eat Pie with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  I hope everyone is doing well and creating fall crafty projects!
My project for you today features products from


This card was fun to put together.  I had something completely different in mind
when I started!  Let me show you how I made this card!
I first took a piece of Strathmore 5" x 7" hot press watercolor paper and taped it
to my hardboard.  Starting in the middle of the panel I brushed on Yellow Aqua
Pigments, then Yellow Orange on either side and then finally some Brown on
the ends.


To get this nice gradation of color I didn't wet my paper first.  I simply took a
flat paintbrush and worked the pigments back and forth across my panel.  I
left it to dry naturally.  I had no warping.  Next I heat embossed my images,
twice, using Golden Gourd Embossing Powder.  I use this as a gold for all
my fall cards.  Its gorgeous!


I die cut the sentiment and the extra pecans with a 1 1/2" stitched
hexagon die.  I painted all of my images with the Aqua Pigments.
I mostly used the Yellow Orange and Brown.  I made a mini slimline
card base from some mustard card stock.  I cut a panel of plaid
paper from the Playful Plaid Collection and cut it 1/4" smaller
than the base.  I backed the plaid piece with some rich red card
stock and adhered that between the base and plaid paper.


I splattered my painted panel with a rich gold watercolor and then trimmed it to 
2 1/4" x 5 1/2" and adhered it to the card.  I fussy cut my pie slices and pecans. I 
foam taped the sentiment to the middle of the card.  I foam taped the pie slices on 
either side of the sentiment.  Then I used 3 of the pecans and adhered them flat.
I used gold holo confetti and a bit of Fallen Snow Glitter Glaze on the pecans.
And that finished my card!


This card took some twists and turns but I love how it came out!  Easy
as pie! (LOL). You can find the products I used at


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...