Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Baked Fresh with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  I don't know about you, but I love the smell of fresh baked
bread!  That warm yummy smell just hits the spot!  So today I'll be using
products from


I tried something a little different with this card.  I stenciled over an embossed
background!  It wasn't perfect but I like it!  Let me show you how I made it!
I first cut a panel of White Wash card stock to 4" x 5 1/4"and embossed it with an 
embossing folder from my stash.  Then I put it on my Stick and Stamp Mat
and used the Circles Stencil and Gold Chroma Glaze.  I didn't want full
coverage so I didn't put it all over my panel.  But what did happen was the
panel had raised edges from the embossing and in places it left almost a
double circle look.  I really liked the look it gave.


While I was waiting for that to dry, I stamped my elements for my card
from the Baked Fresh Stamp Set with some soft brown Copic-friendly ink.
I stamped my sentiment in dark brown pigment ink away from the other
elements so I could die cut it.


For the coloring of my elements I Google Imaged "Artisan Bread".  This
gave me the imagery that I needed for color.  I used various browns and tans and a
bit of desaturated yellow for the breads. 


 I also tried to give the bread some visual texture, so my coloring
was not straightforward.  I did some dotting and left areas without much
color.  I was fairly happy with how they looked.  I fussy cut these out and
die cut the sentiment with an oval die.


My stenciled panel was dry.  I made a card base using the same White Wash
card stock.  It's an A2 size top folding base.  I put foam behind my stenciled
panel and before laying it down I added some gold thread and wrapped it around
the lower part of the card.


You can see the thread is not straight.  I added this for a slight
grounding of the elements, but not representative of a surface like
a table top.  I adhered 2 of the breads flat to the surface but popped up
the one in the front on foam tape as well as the sentiment.  I added
some light chocolate pearls that really reflect the gold stenciling and thread .
As a last bit of detail, I added just a few white hi-lites with a white
Posca Pen and then with a fine black marker added black dots that
resemble poppy seeds.  And my card was done!


I really like how this card came out.  I love the gold Chroma Glaze with
the colors of the breads and I think they enhance each other.  The Baked
Fresh Stamp & Die Set are part of October's Inspiration Box.  You can
find the products I used at


Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope I've inspired you to create
some beautiful!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.










 





No comments:

Post a Comment