Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Baked Fresh - Pumpkin Pie with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  I don't know about you, but I love pumpkin pie!  I
don't make good piecrust so I don't get to have it that often - only when 
someone else makes it! LOL  Today I'll be using products from


I really wanted to incorporate some blue into my project today.  It
looks so good with oranges and yellows.  Let me show you how I made
my card.  I started by taking 2 heavyweight A2 size white card stock panels.
I took one and smooshed it in Turquoise Chroma Mist.  I added water to 
my mat and kept smooshing and when it was still wet I splattered it with
full strength Chroma Mist.  I did the same with Tangerine Orange on
another piece of card stock.  After smooshing it in just plain Tangerine
Orange, I added a bit of Candy Apple Red and Ornament Gold.  I kept smooshing
until I was happy with the coverage.  Then I splattered with it with the 3 colors.
After they were dry, I cut them into strips - 3/4" for the Turquoise and 1/4"
for the Tangerine Orange.


Next I heat embossed with dark brown ink my elements from the
Baked Fresh Stamp Set.


I decided to color these with my Copic Markers.


For colors I used:  YR31, YR07, YR15, E08, E31, B00, B01, B02
After they were colored I fussy cut them.  I took a piece of creamy
yellow card stock from my stash and made an A2 size card base and
I cut a panel that was 4" x 5 1/4" and ran it through a dotted embossing
folder. 


 I took the largest piece of left-over card stock with the
Turquoise smooshing on it and heat set my sentiment from the
Baked Fresh Stamp Set with the dark brown ink.  Then I die cut it
with a banner die.


To put my card together I layered all of the background pieces together
inserting a piece of plain white card stock between the 2 yellow ones.  I
made a criss-cross pattern with my cut strips.  I popped up my elements
with foam tape including the sentiment banner.  I had to cut the right end
of the sentiment banner off because it was too long and that made a nice
flag for the top left of the card.  I put Glossy Accents on the whipped cream.  
I added two-tone pearls and that finished this card!


I love how this card turned out.  I really like how the Turquoise strips
are very much like an autumn sky with clouds!  It went so well with the 
sentiment!  You can find the products I used at


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Perfect Peony with Polkadoodles

  Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing you more Spring goodness with this gorgeous digital stamp set from Polkadoodles Perfect Peony Digi...