Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Autumn Branches with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  The leaves where I live are just starting to turn as the
temps start to get cooler.  Today I'm bringing you more fall
inspiration with products from


True confession, I made a card prior to this one and it came out so awful
it could not be saved!  😞  So, I went back to something a bit more
different and I love how it turns out.  Let me show you how I made my
card!  I first cut a piece of plaid paper from the Playful Plaid Paper
Collection and trimmed it to 4" x 5 1/4".  Using my Stick & Stamp Mat
I stenciled this piece using the Autumn Branches Stencil and Tangerine
Glitter Glaze.  This particular plaid is so pretty with the Tangerine Glitter!


You can see my Stick & Stamp Mat has seen cleaner days!  I keep one
especially for working with Glitter Glaze and other shiny stuff.  I have
another one for inks that clean up nicely.  😉. While that was drying,
I stamped out my images from the Fall Florals Stamp Set.  I used
Chroma Mists to paint them.  I heat embossed them onto watercolor paper
using a brown pigment ink and clear embossing powder.  This was a
 hot press watercolor paper so it's smooth and easy to cut.


 For Chroma Mist colors I used:  Yellow Green, Candy Apple Red,
Tangerine Orange, Leaf Green, Yellow Green and Bumblebee
Yellow.  I used more than one color on each element.  When 
these were dry, I fussy cut them.


I also took a Q-tip and made random dots around my wreath 
with the Tangerine Glitter Glaze just as a fill in. 
 These didn't take long to dry. I heat embossed my sentiment from the Fall 
Florals Stamp Set with a dark brown.   I made a top folding card base
from Whitewash Card Stock and added a orange panel that was 1/8" 
smaller all around.  I adhered my now dried stenciled panel.


I foam taped one of the big maple leaves and the 2 Chinese lanterns onto
the lower left of the stenciled wreath.  Just using liquid glue I tucked in
the rest of the elements.  For a finishing touch, I used both gold and turquoise
confetti.  And that finished my card!


This card really came out sweet and I love the turquoise with all of
the yellow and orange...only in the autumn!!!!!  You may purchase
the products I used in today's tutorial at


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...