Sunday, August 7, 2022

You Fill My Day Butterflies with Joy Clair Designs

   

Hello everyone!  Today I'm here with more inspiration from the 

Joy Clair Designs

Summerlicious Release 

You Fill My Day Digital Stamp Set

This is such a beautiful image to work with.  Let me show you how I made my card!

As usual, I started in the computer with the butterfly image.  I sized it.  I would get back to the sentiment later on in my process.  I printed this out onto white copy paper.

This quite an intricate image.  I wanted to stamp it onto patterned paper.  The paper would have to be  quite plain without too much of a pattern.  I wanted to make 3 butterflies.  I took my patterned paper and taped it to the copy paper over the butterfly image and sent it through my printer.

I did this 3 times on different colors of paper: blue/green, blue and aqua.  Then I trimmed them down so I could color them with my Copic Markers.  I let the paper color govern the marker colors here.  I used more of a green color combo on the blue/green paper, a blue blend on the blue paper and an aqua blend on the aqua paper.

I did minimal shading on these and I didn't color everything.  I just filled where I thought it would bring out the pattern in the butterfly.  After coloring I fussy cut them.

For the Green I used: G00, G02, G12, G05.  For the Aqua I used: BG01, BG05, BG18.  For the Blue I used:  B32, B23, B24, B28.  There are some tiny dots of black throughout the design.  I used a gold glitter pen and went over these dots.  I also filled in a few places.

I chose a piece of background paper.  It had a similar feel as the paper I printed the butterflies on but it was from another company.  I cut a panel of it for the background at 4" x 5 1/4".  With a scrap of that paper, I printed off my sentiment.

I felt the background panel was going to need something else besides the A2 white top folding card base that I had made, so I cut a piece of gold glitter paper just 1/8" bigger.  These really looked beautiful together.

I die cut my sentiment with a banner die and backed it with the gold glitter paper, leaving a narrow amount showing.  I also used a shimmer pen on the bodies of the butterflies and then put Gloss Accents on them and let them dry.  Time to put my card together.  I adhered my main panel to the card base.  Then I played around the with the placement of the butterflies.  I soon realized that using all 3 butterflies was not going to work visually.  So, I adhered the Blue and the Aqua butterfly to the front.  I bend up their wings before gluing them on.  The I tucked my sentiment in-between them.  For the last bit of sparkle I used moonstone confetti.  I was going to use gold but I realized that they would detract from the butterflies and the gold glitter paper.  The moonstone still gives sparkle without overtaking the background!

Thanks so much for coming today.  I hope you'll give this a try and make your own beautiful creation!

You can find the entire Summerlicious Release here!

Joy Clair Designs

Til next time

Betsy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...