Sunday, August 14, 2022

Hey Girl with Joy Clair Designs

Hello everyone! TodayI'm sharing this beautiful image from the

Joy Clair Designs

Summerlicious Release

Hey Girl Digital Stamp Set 

 This set is so pretty.  I particularly love the softness of this image!  Let me show you how I made my card.  As always with a digital image, I first size my main image to where I think it's going to fit my card panel.  I stamped my sentiment (which I ended up not using) away from the image so it could be cut separately.  I printed this out onto Neenah Desert Storm card stock.

I die cut both the main image and the sentiment.  I already had my background paper chosen, so I was color matching as I went along.  I chose Copic colors that would look good against the background paper while taking into account I was not coloring on white paper.

For Copic colors I used:  R81, R85, RV34  E98, E95, E04, E43, E71, E15, E08, YG67, YG91, G82, G94.  I didn't feel the need to color every single bit of this image.  I felt the color of the card stock did a lot of that work for me.  I did use a white charcoal pencil for some highlights.  Next I built the base of my A2 size side folding card base.  I used the same Neenah card stock for the base, then I used a dark brown for a narrow frame around the flowered background panel.  I also used a brown ink to soften the edges of the stamped oval. After these were adhered together I was ready to assemble my card.

I used foam tape to adhered the stamped oval.  I added pearls to the top and some on the bottom.  I used a copper brown silk ribbon for my bow.  Try as I might, I could not get the sentiment to work with my design so I decided to leave it off.  I added a tiny butterfly to the flowers and that finished my beautiful card project for today!

This was such a beautiful image to work with!  Have you bought this set yet?  So pretty and so very versatile!  The Summerlicious Release has such beautiful digital sets!  Get yours today at

Joy Clair Designs


Thanks so very much for spending time here today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Joy Clair Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...