Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Strawberry Social with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Hope everyone is having a good summer and is able to eat
fresh fruit!  We are all about the strawberries today with


This Strawberry Social Collection is full of plump strawberries to create
with!  What fun!  Let me show you how I made my card.  I started by taking
a scrap of Lunch Bag card stock.  It was probably around 4" x 4 1/2".  I
marked off stripes using EZC Highlighter Tape.  Using Red Aqua Pigments
and a 1/2" flat brush I applied my stripes.  I let it dry (this doesn't take long)
and then I applied another coat.


I laid this off to the side to dry.  I made a white card tock frame using a
rectangle die that is A2 size.  I also cut a small scallop strip.  


I cut an A2 size piece of the red seeds paper from the Strawberry Social Paper
Collection and cut it diagonally.  And I made an A2 top folding card base from Lunch
 Bag Card Stock.  I stamped my images from the Strawberry Social Stamp Set.  I used
Aqua Pigments to paint them with.  I did very little shading on the elements.
I used a yellow Posca Pen to go over the dots and the center of the flowers.
I fussy cut them when they were dry.


I adhered the striped piece and the patterned paper piece to the card base.  Next I
took another scrape of the Lunch Bag card stock and heat embossed with Alabaster
Embossing Powder a sentiment from the stamp set.  I cut this in a banner shape
and backed it with white card stock leaving a narrow part showing.  I attached 
this to the top of the card.  I adhered the berries and one of the blossom pieces.
I cut the flower from another blossom that I had stamped and colored and foam
taped it on top of the one that I adhered to the card.  I curled up the edges a bit.
I next used Glossy Accents on the strawberries.  The gave them nice shine!  I
used 2 thin yellow peel-offs on the scalloped piece and I added a white twine
bow.  I added some yellow gems and my project was done!


I hope you enjoyed today's project!  It makes me want to eat
strawberries!  You can find the products I used at


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.












No comments:

Post a Comment