Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Strawberry Social and Candy Coat with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing with you more yummy strawberry goodness
with products from


This was fun to make!  I had been wanting to make this strawberry shortcake...
it looks so yummy, right?  Let me show you how I made my delicious card!
I started by making my background panel.  Using plain white card stock I stenciled
the panel using the Strawberry Seeds Stencil and Yellow Candy Coat.  I let
this dry completely before adding dots from the red dotted paper in the Paper
Collection.  I used my hole punch for this.  I went around each of the dots with
a red Copic marker.


I trimmed this down to 3 1/2" x 4 3/4".  I stamped my strawberry
short cake image onto white card stock with a Copic friendly ink.


I colored the two strawberries on top first.


Then moved onto the biscuit part.  You can see in the picture that I made little
dots with my marker for the biscuit to give it some texture.


Next was coloring the chocolate.


My Copic palette:
Berries:  R02, R05, R17, R59
Leaves:  YG23, YG17, YG67
Biscuit:  Y21, E33, E35, blender
Chocolate:  E7, E25, E77, E79


I decided to use a yellow card stock base.  I die cut an oval from the same
yellow card stock and stamped my sentiment with red ink.
Now it was time to put my base completely together.  I used a white A2
size top folding card base to which I adhered a red panel that measures
4" x 5 1/4".  I adhered my stenciled panel on top of that.  I cut and adhered 
another red panel that measures 2 3/4" x 4".  I took a piece of scrap yellow
card stock and spread on a layer of the yellow Candy Coat.  I let that dry. 
I cut that panel to 3 3/4" x 1 3/4" and adhered on top of the red panel.
My last panel was white, measures 2 1/4" x 3 1/2".  I embossed this with
a 3D embossing folder that had big dots on it.


With my strawberry shortcake fussy cut and the letters of the sentiment
outlined in black pen, it was time to put this together.  I popped up the
strawberry shortcake and the sentiment on foam tape.  I added a clay
heart to the sentiment and yellow confetti to my background and my
project was done!


I enjoyed making this card so much!  And I do want some strawberry
shortcake on a warm biscuit, with homemade whipped cream.  YUMMM!
You can find the products I used at


Thank you so much for spending time here with me today!  I hope I've
sparked some inspiration!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.




















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...