Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Stepped Up Digital Stamping with Die Cuts ft. Joy Clair Designs


Hello everyone!  Today I'm showing you how to step up your digitally stamped panels with die cuts!  I am using a stamp set from:

Joy Clair Designs

Extraordinary

 This is probably my favorite image from this stamp set.  Let me show you how I made my card! I first printed my card and sentiment onto white card stock.

My image measures about 2 3/4" tall.  I took a rectangle die and die cut the image of the boots and flowers first.  Then, using a banner die, I die cut the sentiment.  I wanted to color my image with Copic Markers.  I wasn't sure what colors to use, but I love blue and brown together.

I wanted the flowers to be that cornflower blue...I love that shade so much!

I colored the flowers and leaves first, using simple blends - 2 colors on the leaves and 3 colors on the flowers.  Then I colored the boots.

I was pleased with how well these colors worked together. For Copic colors I used the following:  B60, B63, BV04, YG06, YG63, E31, E33, E35, E37, E59.  I dotted each of the flower centers with a gold glitter pen.  I cut the sentiment down to be the same width as the main panel.  Next I prepared my die cuts.  I took about 6 different small multi-leaved branch stems and die cut them from some green marbled paper.  I cut a quite a few.

There was one die I favored  over the others and that is what I ended up using the most of.  It was a branch that had 3 distinct sections of smaller leaves - great for cutting down.  I next prepared my background panel.  I used a piercing die and some cornflower blue card stock.

I cut a black card stock panel just slightly bigger to mount this blue panel on.  Then I adhered that to a white A2 size top folding card base.  Using adhesive foam, I first adhered my colored panel onto the card.  I cut up some of the leaves and placed them along the bottom edge.  Then, using the same kind of adhesive foam, I  adhered my sentiment panel.

Then I continued with the leaves around the whole 2 panels.   I cut them and tucked them and placed them at different angles until the image looked full.  To highlight the gold glitter pen in the middle of the flowers I added some tiny gold foil pearls and that finished my card for today!

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope I've inspired you to dig out those dies and step up your digital stamping!  You'll find this set and many more great digital stamp sets at:

Joy Clair Designs

I hope I've inspired you to create something beautiful with digital stamps!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Joy Clair Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...