Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Beach Bum with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  I'm hoping all of you are enjoying great weather!  Today I am
sharing more beach vibes with


This giraffe stamp was just too cute not to use this time!  He looks totally ready to
hit the waves!  Let me show you how I made my card!  I first taped a panel of
140lb watercolor paper to my hardboard.  This measured bigger than an A2 size
panel so I could cut it down.


I used a 1/2" flat watercolor paintbrush and used water down Blue Aqua
Pigment for the sky.  The water was Blue and Green Aqua Pigments - not as watered 
down.  In both the sky and water I brought the color to white.  I helped that
along by taking a tissue and absorbing the color very randomly.  My paper
with Aqua Pigment on it was not soaking wet, but damp enough so that the
tissue was able to absorb some of the color.  I did the same for the clouds
in the sky and sea foam.  For the sand I started with Brown, added yellow and then added
water.  Once this was all dry I trimmed this panel out to 3 3/4" x 5".
I stamped my giraffe image on Aqua Pigment Paper and put it on my
Stick & Stamp Mat along with the Pigment Palette.


I laid out my pigments and painted up my image.  I didn't do any shading
on my images...just straight painting.


I painted at least 2 coats on my images, letting them dry in-between.  Once
they were dry I fussy cut the image up to the outline and then ran a black marker
along the cut edges.


I added Glossy Accents to the sunglasses.  While waiting for that to dry, I
stamped my sentiment and birds onto the background.


I next ran a bit of the brown mix right up against the sea foam.  As I was
doing it I was thinking this shadowing makes the sand look more real.  And then
I thought, who am I trying to kid, it's a giraffe with sunglasses holding
a surfboard...LOL!  😂  Once that was done I added some fine splatter to
the sand.  I used the brown just a bit darker for this.  The on the water, sea
foam and sand I added Fallen Snow Glitter Glaze.  Once that was dry I
popped up the panel onto an A2 size white top folding card base with a piece
of foam.  And then I added the giraffe with the surfboard also popped up
on foam.  And that finished my card!


This Beach Bum Stamp Set has been so fun to create with!  The images
are darling and your creative talents can just run away with this set!  Find
this set and everything else I used at


Thanks so much for stopping by and spending time here!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...