Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Beach Time with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  It's time to break out the beach themed cards and this one
is made out of products from

Brutus Monroe

This was sofun to make!  It's always so inspiring to make your own scene cards.
There's something about them that triggers our memories of time spent on 
the beach!  Let me show you how I made my card.
I first cut an A2 size panel of white card stock.  I ink blended the sand,
water and where the sun would be.  I used Antique Linen for the sand,
Broken China for the water and Scattered Straw for the sun.  I was going for
soft edges and I didn't want the colors to butt up against each other.


I next stamped out my images onto Aqua Pigment paper.  I chose to stamp 3
each of the little bits and just one chair, towel and boat.


I chose to color my images with Copic Markers.  I went with soft
summer colors, although I did deepen the colors later.  Copic colors used:
R00, R02, R05, E31, E33, E35, RV000, RV10, BG 10, BG11,
Y21, R32, E21, Y00


When I fussy cut these images I cut away all of the ground underneath
the beach chair.
I heat embossed with Gilded Sparkle Embossing Powder the sun image from the


I then added my Glitter Glazes...I used a bit of Periwinkle on the water,
Alabaster on the sea foam, and then Fallen Snow on the sun, water, 
sea foam and beach sand.


I cut my panel to 4" x 5 1/4" and mounted it onto a white A2 size top
folding card base with foam for a bit of dimension.
I added my sentiment which was also heat embossed with Gilded
Sparkle Embossing Powder and die cut.


Time to put all of the little elements on and build this beach scene!


After adding the shells I added more Glitter Glaze in Fallen Snow.  I
didn't add a lot, just a bit here and there.  I had an extra crab so I adhered
him to the inside of my card.  And that finished my beach card!


This card was fun to make...especially adding all of the little elements that
truly brought my card to life!  You can find the products that I used at

Brutus Monroe

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope I've inspired you!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...