Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Be Happy Cutting Dies with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today's project is super cute, happy and sparkly!  I'll be
using products from


This shaker easel card was fun to make and I came up with a technique to really
customize your product!  Let me show you how I made my card!
I first started by die cutting my rainbow and bird out of white card stock and placing
them on my Stick & Stamp Mat.


I didn't have the colors I was looking for to do this project, so I took Fallen Snow
Glitter Glaze and mixed a bit of Chroma Mists into it for each color.  The Chroma
Mist colors that I used were: Pink, Yellow Orange, Yellow Green, Blue Violet,
Lilac Purple and Turquoise.


I pulled these off my mat, cleaned my mat and then let these pieces dry.  I also
die cut 3 of the sparkles using Sterling Elegant Essentials.  Once everything was
dry I mounted my rainbow strips onto the base - there is a die for that.  I also put
my bird together and used a black marker for the eye and legs.


 I made a 4 1/4" x 4 1/4" white card base.  I
scored the front of the card in half to create my easel.  I made a panel of
what card stock for the upper half that was 4" x 2".  I inked blended in
a sky using Simon Hurley's breakup blue ink. 


For the bottom half of the card - the shaker part - I cut the same
2" x 4", but also allowed for the rainbow someplace to sit.  I then
die cut the two little clouds that would become the shaker.  I
ink blended on this panel as well.  Next I die cut the bottom of
the rainbow on both sides to accommodate the shaker holes.



I put foam tape on the back of the panel but not the top of the rainbow part.  I
filled the cloud part with rainbow confetti and some other bits.


Next I adhered my rainbow.  I put an acetate strip behind the bird and attached
him to the rainbow.  I adhered my twinkle pieces and added some small silver
twinkle bits for added sparkle.  I also die cut a few clouds and used them on the
top portion along with more twinkle bits.
For the inside I cut another 4" x 4" panel and ink blended it the same as the
front pieces.  I die cut 3 of the shadow layers of the sentiment out of white
card stock.  I die cut the letters out of coordinating card stock to make a rainbow
when glued together.  I added Fallen Snow Glitter Glaze on top of the letters
to make them sparkle.


And that finished my card!


And that finished my card!  I hope you enjoyed this sparkly shaker card!  So
fun to create with all of these dies!  Find this set and more at

Brutus Monroe

Thanks so much for spending time here today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...