Tuesday, May 10, 2022

Beach Bum with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Summertime is right around the corner and today I'm
sharing a cute summertime card with products from:


This is a really cute set to get creative with to make beach themed cards!  Let
me show you how I made my project!  I first took the Circle Foundation Dies and
cut a 3 3/4" circle from 140lb watercolor paper.


Next I stamped my bear image, masked off his feet and then stamped the
beach ball and the sentiment with pigment ink.



I chose a piece of paper from the Sea Life Paper Collection to key my
colors for painting with Chroma Mists.  


I started with the sand.  To make
the sand color, since there is no brown Chroma Mist, when any 2 secondary
colors are mixed together they usually create brown.  I used the Yellow Orange
and Lilac Purple.  I made a watery mix of this for the sand.


I made this mix stronger - with no water added - and painted my bear.  After
painting the sand I moved onto the rest of the background round which was
straight Turquoise and water added.  After the background was done I painted
the rest of the elements.



I used Pink, Bumblebee Yellow, Turquoise, Lilac Purple and Yellow Orange.
Notice I still have a black ink smudge between the drink and the sentiment.
I'll be dealing with that next!  I took a white gel pen and made dots in the
bear's shirt and where the sand meets the blue water and also coming
off the drink (particularly on top of the ink smudge!).


I prepared a standard A3 size top folding white card base.  I die cut
a wavy circle out of white glitter paper and adhered it behind the
focal circle.  This give it a bit of a frame.  Using Fallen Snow Glitter Glaze,
I applied with a Q-tip to the waterline, the lemon on the drink, and the
little bubbles coming out.  This completely took care of the ink smudge.
I used Glossy Accents on the glass and a shimmer pen on my bear's eyes
and my card was finished!


This was a fun project to create!  This is a huge 17 pc stamp set!  So
many possibilities - keep your eye out all month long for creations from
the Inspiration Team!  Find the products I used at


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Tea Party with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  It's time for a tea party and I'm using products from Kate Hadfield Designs Tea Party Digital Stamps This was so ...