Monday, March 14, 2022

Spring Rose with Joy Clair Designs

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm bringing some spring inspiration!  I'm using the beautiful

Joy Clair Designs

 Spring Rose Digital Stamp Set  

This is such a beautiful stamp. I loved working with it and you can make it simple or create a repeating pattern.  Let me show you how I made my card.  I first started by composing my image and sentiment in the computer.  I printed it out onto copy paper.  Then I taped a piece of watercolor paper to the copy paper making sure the watercolor paper was positioned to where I wanted the image to print.

I had decided to use watercolor pencils for this project.  I used woodless watercolor pencils but you could use whatever you have.  I chose a very limited palette.

I started with the flower.  I did a fairly light coat of the coral.  I tried to keep my strokes following the form of the section that I was painting.

Using a light hand with this color allowed me to add more color later.  I next added the green.  I put on the dark first then added the lighter green where I wanted my highlights.

After finishing up the green I added the brown color with another layer of the pink - dry - then went in with my damp brush and softened the colors.

I also very lightly went around the flower with the blue and then blended it out.  I feel this made the flower stand out a bit more.  I chose a piece of green paper for my background.  I prepared a standard A2 size white top folding card base and adhered the green paper leaving a very thin margin of white on either side.

I adhered my flower panel onto the green.  For finishing I added 2 black peel-offs - one down either side of the green and I added some pretty sparkly confetti.  And that finished my card!

I loved working with this stamp.  It's so pretty and elegant.  I hope I've inspired you to create something pretty today!  You can find this beautiful digital stamp and many more at

Joy Clair Designs

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Joy Clair Designs, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment