Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Shine On with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Spring is on it's way!  I was in the mood to make something shiny 
and this Shine card fit the bill!  I used products from:


This is a fairly simple card but packs a powerful shine!  Let me show you how I made
it!  

I first did my die cutting.  My background paper is from the Watercolor Galaxy Paper
Pad.  It's one of my favorites!  I used the smaller of the 2 rectangle dies in the
set.  I cut the word "Shine" from some coordinating dark blue card stock - I would cover
the base of my card with this paper as well.  Then for the shadow layer I used a
nice white glitter paper.    I adhered the sentiment together.


They fit together so nicely!  Using a toothpick I applied Periwinkle Glitter Glaze over
the blue "Shine".  


I next prepared my base by covering a white A2 size horizontal card base with the
dark blue card stock.  I adhered my Watercolor Galaxy paper on top of that. 


 Using a"Congratulations" sentiment stamp I heat embossed in white just the "ON" so it
would be underneath of the "Shine".


I next adhered the "Shine" sentiment to the card.


I die cut some stars in varying sizes using the dark blue paper.  I adhered those
to the card and then applied Periwinkle Glitter Glaze to them.  I used Fallen
Snow Glitter Glaze for the "ON".  


After all of the Glitter Glaze was dry I
added a few extra sparkly gems here and there and my card was done!


This was so much fun to make!  All that sparkle and I think it would make a
great graduation card!  You can find the products I used today at


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.













 

No comments:

Post a Comment