Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Love Grows Here with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing this sweet little card using products from

Love Grows Here

This is one of the new little stamp sets at Brutus Monroe.  I love this set!  It's small but
there's so much you can do with it.  Let me show you how I made my card.  I started
by stamping my 3 plant images 3 times each with black waterproof ink.


Using Chroma Mists, I chose a color palette of Turquoise, Orange and Lime
Green.  I didn't do anything but lay in color - no shading.  I started by
painting in the leaves.


Next I moved onto the orange parts and I added yellow for the flowers
in the pots.  I was keeping in mind how I was going to place these on 
my card panel.


I added the Turquoise last.  I didn't add extra water to the Chroma Mists
before painting with them.  I used a damp brush, not wet and I always
spray the Chroma Mists out onto my glass mat and pick up color with
my paintbrush.  After the painting was done and dry I fussy cut the images.


I knew I wanted my sentiment on a heart but I didn't have a die that the sentiment
fit on.  I took a piece of copy paper and folded it in half.  I laid my stamp on it for
measurement and drew a half heart and then cut it out.  This would be my
template for the heart.  I took a scrap piece of watercolor paper and sprayed it
with a bit of water.  I then dropped in the 3 colors I wanted to use.  The colors
don't moved a lot on their own, but by tilting the paper and using a brush
just a bit, I was able to get the colors to blend just a little.  I really needed to
keep the Turquoise away from the Orange. 


Once this was completely dry, I used the template I had made from copy
paper and drew the heart and cut it out.


Next I stamped the sentiment in the middle with black ink.


I applied foam tape to all of the pieces except one pot of flowers.  That would be a
left over that I would adhere inside the card.  I cut a white panel that measures
4" x 5 1/4" and applied my pieces where I wanted them placed.  I was mindful
of the way I painted them to get my colors right.  I foam mounted this panel onto
a standard A2 size top folding card base.  I added some confetti that was in
the same colors as the Chroma Mists and my card was done!


I really enjoyed making this card.  It's quite simple but I love the
bright summery colors against the white background.  You can find
the products I used at


Thank you so much for stopping by and spending time here!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.

 



















No comments:

Post a Comment