Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Vintage Tile with Brutus Monroe


Hello everyone!  Today I get to share a new stencil technique with
you featuring products from 


This was tons of fun to put together.  It was in experiment for me - I stenciled
my panel 3 times!  Let me show you how I made my card!
I first started by placing a panel of white card stock on my Stick & Stamp Mat.
I used Simon Hurley's breakup blue ink and the Delicate Floral Stencil.


This is such a pretty stencil on it's own.  Next I overlaid the Vintage Tile
Stencil and used Glitter Glaze in Periwinkle.


I was very careful about placement of this stencil.


This came out so pretty!  I love the Delicate Floral design in the background.
Once this Periwinkle Glitter Glaze was dry, I rotated my stencil and used
Alabaster Glitter Glaze to stencil again.


I had to peel off my panel each time I stenciled so I could clean off my Stick
& Stamp Mat.  Then I just set my panel aside to dry.  When t was dry I
cut it to 4" x 5 1/4" and adhered it to a Blue Ribbon Card Stock panel that
was cut to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  I next moved onto my sentiment.  I used the
"Thanks" die set from Christopher's Sentiments dies.  I die cut the actual letter from 
the Blue Ribbon Card Stock and the shadow layer from some very
white vellum and adhered the 2 together.


I felt I needed a sub-focal so using Icicle Embossing Powder, I used one of
the butterflies from the Full Bloom Stamp Set and die cut it with the
coordinating dies.  I stamped the butterfly, heat embossed it and then ink
blended over it with the breakup blue ink.


I die cut the butterfly and then added Periwinkle Glitter Glaze for
some sparkle.


I adhered my prepared panel onto an A2 size white card base.  I adhered
my sentiment piece flat to the card.


I adhered my butterfly above the sentiment on the right.  As a last
finishing touch I added some iridescent confetti and
my project was finished!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  It was fun to see what would happen
when stenciling the same panel 3 times!  I love the effect!  You can purchase the
products I used at


Thank you so much for spending time with me here today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.





















 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alcea Hollyhock Flowers with Polkadoodles