Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Sweet Candy with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  Today it's all about the candy!  Yummy!  I'll be
using products from


What a fun colorful project!  Let me show you how I made my card!
I firs took a piece of Aqua Pigment Watercolor Paper and taped it to
a hardboard.  I was mindful to make sure my tape was straight and 1/8"
covering so it would trim down evenly.  I used the Oval Simple Blend
and taped the oval to the middle of the panel for a mask.


I wanted to be able to splatter my background.  Using a #2 fan brush I
splattered with the Yellow Orange Aqua Pigment first.  I let this dry
thoroughly before splattering with the next color.


I did take care to wipe up some of the splatter that was on the
oval mask.  I moved on to my darkest color which was the blue.


I next used Green with a bit of the Yellow Orange mixed in to make it a bit
more lime colored.  I used Yellow Orange with a bit of Red for an orange
color and I used White Chroma Mist mixed with Red for a pink.  Then to the pink
I mixed a bit of the Blue for a purple.  I dried in-between each color.


I was really pleased with the look of this.  I trimmed this panel down to
3 3/4" x 5".  I next heat embossed with Raven Sparkle Embossing Powder
the candy tree from the stamp set and the edges of a black card stock
panel that I cut to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".


I adhered both panels to a white standard A2 size top folding card base.
On another piece of the Aqua Pigment Watercolor Paper I stamped out 
the candy elements from the stamp set twice.


Using the same color mixes with the Aqua Pigments I painted my
elements.  I did not paint the little round bubbles.


I fussy cut these elements except for the bubbles.  Next I took these same stamps and stamped
them on my background - mainly for placement but this is how I got my little
bubbles onto the background without having to cut them out.  I also stamped
my sentiment at the same time.  I placed my heart lollipop onto the panel
just so I would make sure I had enough room for it.


I painted the elements on the tree itself using the same mixes
of Aqua Pigments.  I foamed taped the fussy cut elements.  I used
Liquid Pixie Dust on the bubbles.  On the painted elements I used
a shimmer pen.  Then as a final embellishment I used Glossy Accents
on all of the painted elements.  And that finished my card!


What a fun colorful card to make!  And a sweet way to say
"Hello" to a friend!  You can find the product that I used at


Thank you so much for stopping by and taking an interest.
I appreciate your time!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them. 

All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.























No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...