Friday, January 14, 2022

Full Heart with Joy Clair Designs



Hello everyone!  Betsy here with my first blog post for Joy Clair Designs!  I am so excited and feel honored to be a part of this wonderful team!

For my first project I was very inspired by the new Pantone Color of the Year - Veri Peri.  I paired it with the gorgeous Full Heart digistamp.  The 2 together are simply gorgeous!  Let me show you how I made my card!

I started by printing my heart image and sentiments onto hot press watercolor paper.

 

I only have an inkjet printer - so nothing special.  I did print my image out the night before and  I think that gives the ink some time to cure.  I used a Watercolor Brush Pen from Altenew called Persian Blue  from their Winter Wonderland Collection.  I chose my background paper - a sheet from Craft Consortium Ink Drops-Vivid.  The pen from Altenew really coordinated well with it.  I squirted some of the ink from the pen onto my glass mat, added water and picked it up with my paintbrush.  I gave the whole heart image a light wash of this color.  I did't leave it to settle into the paper or go over it a lot, just a quick light wash.  You can see it's not an even wash and it didn't need to be.

I next started shading it with the same marker only with no extra water.  I only did this on 3 of the roses.

I actually went even darker after these few petals were done as  I really wanted contrast.

I had plans for the fold-overs on the petals so I didn't shade those particular areas.

I used Violet watercolor from Zahra Ammar Art on Etsy for the fold over petals.  It gives the heart a little sparkle as it is a metallic paint and that color is so dreamy!

You can also see that my pen splattered when I took the cap off!!!!!  No worries.  I had plans to fussy cut this and even the smudge on the side would be hidden.  I took the violet paint and added a light glaze over the whole heart.  I did this by watering the paint way down and just going over the whole heart lightly.  I next fussy cut the heart and around the white edge I painted gold.  I used Persian Gold from Zahra Zammar Art.  It's gorgeous!

I put a wash of the Persian Blue over the sentiments and then a glaze of the Violet.

It still needed something so using a fan brush I splattered it with the Persian Gold paint.

I die cut these sentiments and backed them on gold mirror paper.  I also covered the front of of a standard A2 Size top folding white card with the gold mirror paper and adhered the panel of patterned paper that was cut to 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" on top.

Using foam tape I adhered my heart to the center of my card.  I adhered the sentiments to the top and bottom.  As a last embellishment I adhered small gold foiled pearls around the card.

This is such a gorgeous digistamp and can be used so many different ways! I was actually going to go with another layout when I started my project!...I'll save that for another time!  Look for this beautiful digital stamp and many others at

Joy Clair Designs


Thanks so much for stopping by!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Joy Clair Designs, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...