Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Fallen Hearts with Brutus Monroe

 


Hello everyone!  If it's chilly where you are I hope you are able to keep warm!
Today I'm sharing this beautiful love card with products from


This card came together very easily.  And I love the effect that the Chroma
Glaze gives.  Let me show you how I made my card!
I had previously made some alcohol ink panels with plum and pink on
mineral paper.  Mineral paper is quite thin.  I cut it down to an A2
size card.


Then I took my Fallen Hearts Stencil and using Silver Chroma Glaze
stenciled it onto my inked panel.


The Chroma Glaze goes on very opaque, but when dry it's translucent and
the metallic really comes to life when it's dry.  I used the lower half of
the stencil where the hearts get very random.  For a sentiment on my card
I used the "Love" from the Heart Petals Cutting Dies Set.  This has a
shadow layer but I didn't use it.  I just cut the word from Vineyard card stock.
I adhered my stenciled panel to an A2 size white card base.


It was about this time I noticed the mineral paper was not laying down
smooth with the liquid glue I applied it with.  I honestly thought I ruined my
card.  The buckling was epic!!!!  I took a piece of copy paper, folded it in half, 
 laid on top of the card and burnished it with the wide side of my 
teflon bone folder.  I left it overnight and in the morning it was
perfectly flat.  Whew!  I adhered my sentiment at an angle and ran a
shimmer pen over it.  That finished my card!


This is such a simple and elegant card elevated by the use of the
Chroma Glaze on top of the alcohol ink!  Bit of a learning curve with
the mineral paper, but it all looks so great!  You can find the
products I used at


Thank you so much for taking time to stop by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Brutus Monroe, I do receive the products I use from them.

 All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Tropical Blooms with Kate Hadfield Designs

  Hello everyone!  I can't believe it's almost May already!  Because things are starting to grow and blossom, I'm bringing you m...